Treasures of Uzbekistan: The Great Silk Road.
Unforgettable tour along the heart of the Silk Road. The ancient cities still keeps the spirit of Alexander's troops, Arab cavalry, mongols invasion and Tamerlane's Empire.
This tour will give you opportunity to visit 9 regions of Uzbekistan. You will learn history and culture, traditions and customs of land with its own, centuries-old unique civilizations.
Samarkand, Bukhara, and Khiva, where cultural and spiritual values had been long since concentrated, outstanding scientific centres and schools were established, architecture, craftsmanship, and applied art were flourishing, played the role of main urban centres. Creative work and various scientific achievements of the local scientists, thinkers, and poets have proved to be a valuable contribution to the development of the world civilization. Avicenna, al-Khorezmiy, Mirzo Ulugbek, Nakshbandi, al-Bukhoriy, at-Termeziy, Beruniy, Alisher Navoiy - short list of names of prominent figures of Uzbekistan.
8 days / 7 nights
Arrival in Tashkent. Pick up from the airport and transfer to hotel. Free time.
Sightseeing tour across Tashkent (starting time will depend on your arrival time):
- Visit the Memorial for the Victims of Repression.
- Overview the Tashkent TV tower (distant view).
- Central Asian Plov Center.
- Minor Mosque (White Mosque).
- Monument of Courage.
- OldCity, Khast-Imam architectural complex: Kaffal-as-Shoshi Mausoleum, Barak-Khan Madrasah, Khast-Imam Mosque. Mui-Muborak Madrasah – the original Koran of the Caliph Usman.
- Chorsu's market (most picturesque market in the city).
- Mustakillik Square (Independence Square).
- Palace of the Grand duke Romanov.
- Theater of Alisher Navoiy (external view).
- Amir Temur's square.
- Tashkent Metro (Underground/Subway).
19:00 Dinner. Overnight in the hotel.
Early morning transfer to airport for the flight to Urgench/Khiva, time will be specified. Flight departure time will be specified.
Arrival in Urgench airport. Transfer to Khiva (30 minutes). Check-in hotel. Khiva City Tour:
Ichan-Kala - the internal city surrounded with walls.
- Mukhammad-Aminkhan Madrasah.
- Kunya-Ark fortress.
- Mukhammad-Rakhimkhan Madrasah.
- Pakhlavan Mahmud's Mausoleum.
- Islam-Khodja Medreese and Minaret.
13:00-14:00 Lunch. Continue the tour:
- Visit Djuma-Mosque.
- Museum of Khorezmian Music.
- Tash-Hauli Palace.
- Kutlug-Inak-Murad Madrasah.
Free time for shopping.
Free time. Overnight in hotel.
08:00 Depart from Khiva to the ruins of ancient Khorezmian city and fortress. Cross Amudaria river by car/bus. Visit Tuprakkala archaelogical site. Visit Ayazkala Yurt camp and fortress. 12:00 Drive to Urgench.
Lunch. Free time.
15:50 Transfer to Railway station. 16:18 Depart by train to Bukhara. Cross one of the majestic deserts of Central Asia - Kyzylkum.
22:40 Arrival in Bukhara. Transfer to hotel.
Sightseeing tour across Bukhara:
- Samanids Mausoleum.
- Chashma-Ayub Mausoleum.
- Bolo-House Mosque.
- The Ark (Bukhara Emir’s residence).
- Poi-Kalon Ensemble: Mir-Arab Madrasah, Kalyan Minaret, Poi-Kalon Mosque.
- Toki-Zargaron Trade domes.
- Ulugbek's and Abdulazizkhan's madrasahs.
- Telpak-Furushon Trade domes.
- Magoki-Attori's mosque.
- Lyabi-House Ensemble.
19:00 Dinner. Overnight in hotel.
09:00 Continue Bukhara tour.
- Chor Minor gate.
- Trip to Bakhauddin Nakshbandi Memorial Complex (Sufi sheikh).
- Visit Sitorai-Mokhi-Khosa - the SummerPalace of Bukhara Emir.
13:00-14:00 lunch. Continue the tour:
- House-museum of Fayzulla Khodzhayev (politician of 1920-1930)
15:10 Transfer to Railway station. 15:50 Depart by speed-train to Samarkand. 17:20 Arrival in Samarkand. Transfer to hotel and check-in.
Sightseeing to night illumination of Registan Square and Guri-Emir Mausoleum.
Dinner. Free time.
09:00 Sightseeing tour across Samarkand:
- Guri-Emir Mausoleum (Tamerlane's and Temurids tomb).
- Registan Ensemble: (the most cult place not only in Samarkand, but, perhaps, all over Uzbekistan). Ulugbek's Madrasah, Sher-Dor Madrasah, Tillya-Kari Madrasah.
- Bibi-Khanum Mosque.
- Siab Bazaar.
- Synagogue. Walk on residential quarters of the old city.
19:00 Dinner. Free time.
09:00 Continue Samarkand Tour.
- Imam Al-Bukhari Memorial complex.
- Visit Ulugbek’s Observatory.
- Shakhi-Zinda Necropolis.
12:00-13:00 Lunch (Samarkand Pilaf). Continue the tour:
- Afrosiab's Museum. Walk through the ruins of an ancient city destroyed by Genghis Khan. Visit archeological sites where excavations were carried out.
16:20 Transfer to the train station.
17:00 Departure by "Afrosiab" high-speed train to Tashkent (2 h. 10 min.).
19:10 Arrival in Tashkent. Transfer to hotel and check-in. Dinner. Free time.
The program for this day depends on the timing of your departure flight.
Transfer to the airport. End of a tour.
If wished the tour program can be tailored to your interests.
This is customized tour. Price for the tour will be set after discussing all details with you.
Tour price includes:
- Single/double room accommodation in hotels (breakfast is included).
- Tashkent-Urgench air tickets.
- Urgench-Bukhara, Bukhara-Samarkand, Samarkand-Tashkent train tickets.
- All transfers: ground transportation by car/minivan/bus.
- Tour guide services.
Tour price excludes:
- Entrance tickets to the museums, mausoleums and other sites.
- Lunches and dinners.